We strive to provide beautiful inns that are welcoming and accommodating for all individuals, including those with hearing, vision or another disability. If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
Gaige House + Ryokan
13540 Arnold Drive, Glen Ellen, CA 95442
Phone - (707) 935-0237
Fax - (707) 935-6411
Email - [email protected]
Creekside Guestroom, fully accessible for both mobility and hearing:
· Accessible route from the accessible parking space to the guestroom
· Wheelchair accessible route from the guestroom door (32" clearance) through the room, around the bed and into the bathroom
· Clear space under the bed
· A lowered closet rod and shelf
· An accessible table for in-room dining
· A hard-wired visual strobe alarm
· Alert devices for knock at door and ringing phone
· Phone with volume control
· Electrical receptacle near phone for TTY use (available at the Front Desk; please call for delivery to your room)
· Roll-in shower, fold down bench and hand-held showering device
· Grab bars in the shower and around commode
· Roll up sink
· Lowered mirror
· Hard-wired visual strobe alarm
ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF CREEKSIDE GUESTROOM
o A peaceful and spacious 600 square feet
o King bed and gas fireplace
o Dining table, wet bar, French coffee press and small refrigerator
o Sitting area with sofa and large flat screen television
o Two outdoor sitting areas, one next to the Meditation Deck and one looking towards the Calabazas Creek
o Spacious bathroom with a shower featuring dual shower heads and a separate deep soaking tub
o iPod docking station
o Two soft robes
o Please contact the manager of the hotel if you have any questions about the accessibility features of this guestroom and the hotel.
Gaige House + Ryokan property accessible features:
· Van accessible parking space with an accessible route from the lower level lot to the Creekside guestroom, garden, meditation deck, pool and outdoor hot tub. An intercom is located at the accessible parking space. Upon arrival, please ring the bell and a staff member will greet you and check you into your guestroom.
· Both the pool and hot tub have an ADA compliant lift
· There is an accessible table in the dining room and on the deck
· Service animals are always welcome at Gaige House + Ryokan
If the accessible rooms are already reserved, please contact the innkeeper for assistance with other accommodations that may meet your needs.
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, we are committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at [email protected]
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
This hotel website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
o Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
o Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
o Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
o Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
o Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
o Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
o Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
o Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
o Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support